Lemon balm is perfect for that butterflies in your stomach feeling and is calming for those with IBS. It’s such an easy to grow herb, having similar growing habits to common mint and can be left to grow happily in a pot. As an added bonus it also has antiviral properties. This recipe combines the Lemon Balm with Ginger, Pineapple and Kombucha as a refreshing digestive summer drink.
- Half a pineapple cut up into pieces and frozen overnight.
- 150ml Kombucha (I used my own Floral Garden Tea Kombucha)
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- Handful of fresh lemon balm leaves (You could use common mint instead)
- 200ml coconut water
- 2cm piece freshly grated ginger
- ice cubes (I left out as my blender won’t crush ice)
Place all the ingredients into a blender and mix. Enjoy